A little knowledge and a few precautionary measures can enormously increase your chances of surviving an earthquake – or any other type of hazard. The keys are education and preparing in advance. The earthquake safety tips below will not make you an expert. However, they could make a life-saving difference if you find yourself in an earthquake situation. Suvastu Development Ltd. one of the best real estate developer Bangladesh gives you earthquake safety tips .
Before the Earthquake:
1)Follow structural & engineering works properly for Constructing
2) Evaluate the Structural soundness of the Building
3) Teach all members of your family about earthquake safety. This includes: 1) the actions to be taken when an earthquake occurs, 2) the safe places in a room such as under a strong desk, along interior walls, and 3) places to avoid such as near windows, large mirrors, hanging objects, heavy furniture.
4) Stock up on emergency supplies. These are: battery operated radio (and extra batteries), flashlights (and extra batteries), first aid kit, bottled water, two weeks food and medical supplies, blankets, cooking fuel, tools needed to turn off your gas, water and electric utilities, an emergency contact card with names and phone numbers, and important documents or information you may need.
5) Check the stability of hanging objects like ceiling fans, chandeliers.
6) Store heavy objects on lower shelves and store breakable objects in cabinets with latched doors. Don’t hang heavy mirrors or pictures above where people frequently sit or sleep.
7)Secure large appliances such as refrigerators, air conditioners, and other bulky items with straps, bolts, and other stabilizing methods. Do not put heavy artwork, mirrors, or shelves over beds like luxury homes in Bangladesh.
8) Store flammable liquids away from potential ignition sources such as stoves.
9) Suvastu real estate Bangladesh object is Educated you what to do during an earthquake (see below). Then you will be ready for the fast action needed. Make sure that all members of your family have this important education.
10) Know where fire extinguishers, first aid kits, alarm, and communication facilities are located, learn how to use them beforehand.
11) Learn where the main turn-offs are for your water, gas and electricity. Know how to turn them off and the location of any needed tools.
During the Earthquake:
- If you are indoors, stay there. Quickly move to a safe location in the room such as under a strong desk, a strong table, or along an interior wall. The goal is to protect you from falling objects and be located near the structural strong points of the room. Avoid taking cover near windows, large mirrors, hanging objects, heavy furniture, heavy appliances
- If you are cooking, turn off the stove and take cover.
- If outdoors, stay in open areas away from buildings, power lines, trees, and other potential hazards.
- If driving, slow down smoothly and stop on the side of the road. Avoid stopping on or under bridges and overpasses, or under power lines, trees and large signs. Stay in your car.
After the Earthquake:
- Be prepared for aftershocks, which may be stronger than the initial jolt.
- Check for injuries; attend to injuries if needed, help ensure the safety of people around you and summon assistance if necessary.
- Check for structural damage, but do not enter a building that shows damage or has visible cracks in the walls or foundation.
- Turn off gas, and water if damage is suspected or if advised to do so by authorities.
- Don,t use the Elevator use the stairway.
- If the power is out, unplug major appliances to prevent possible damage when the power is turned back on. If you see sparks, frayed wires, or smell hot insulation turn off electricity at the main fuse box or breaker. If you will have to step in water to turn off the electricity you should call a professional to turn it off for you.
Be patient: It may take hours or days to restore all services depending on the severity of the quake.
In all of it,s building construction related works Suvastu follows proper earthquake safety measures so that of all it,s building can claim best protection against earthquake.
Suvastu believes these earthquake safety tips will be helpfull for other real estate developers in Bangladesh also.